Welcome to the 17th Inclusion International World Congress!
Our World Congresses are the largest gatherings of self-advocates, families, friends and supporters, in the world. Join us and add your voice; share your experience, and be part of a movement for change.
Our programme is taking shape and we are excited that Learn, Inspire, Lead will include:
- ‘How-To’ style workshops: starting a local self-advocacy group; closing institutions; deliver inclusive education training for teachers.
- Inspirational talks and by self-advocate leaders; families; supporters and thought leaders who will share their stories of motivation and social change.
- Discussions and presentations on key policy issues such inclusive education; employment; poverty and support to families will help shape our agenda for the future.
In addition to a fun social programme, there will be lots of opportunities for networking and connecting with self-advocates and families from around the world.
We are honoured that our World Congress will also host Europe in Action to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Inclusion Europe.
Additionally, we will be hosting:
- Inclusion International’s General Assembly on 2 June 2018;
- the Inclusion Europe General Assembly on 31 May; and,
- the European Platform of Self-Advocates General meeting on 30 May.
Your participation matters to us! Join families, self-advocates, disability rights activists, professionals, and allies to learn, inspire, and lead the change for an inclusive world for all.
We look forward to seeing you in Birmingham!